DIY – Fishing for Bonefish
I’ll admit it, Do It Yourself trips for bonefish started out as an off shoot of lodge trips, moved into the category of a passion and now quite frankly is a disease………..with no cure.
I hope to share with you on this blog and on my website Do It Yourself Flats Fishing some of the things I have learned about bonefishing in general and DIY bonefishing specifically.
My goal is to bring you current information on locations and conditions from around the globe so you can fish and explore on your own using the skills you have developed to catch bonefish, permit and tarpon .
We will provide up to date reports on where to go, the best places to stay, travel and fishing tips and a few tricks we have picked up along the way.
Do It Yourself Bonefishing and Do It Yourself Flats Fishing were designed to meet the needs of those fishermen that:
- Are already experienced DIY bonefish fisherman and looking for new areas and information;
- Normally use guides or stay at lodges but like to do some fishing on their own;
- Are looking for ways to stretch their bonefishing and travel dollar;
- Traveling with a spouse or family and looking to combine fishing the flats with other tropical vacation activities; and
- Trying their first DIY adventure.
Life is a DIY adventure…so enjoy it!